What are the employers in the legal profession looking for? - Tips on CV Writing & Interview
The Membership Sub-committee – Legal Group will be holding a session for our young members who are interested in polishing their interview skills or are curious about what employers in the legal profession are looking for.
The event details are as follows:
|Date:||14th October, Saturday|
|Time:||2:30 pm to 4:00pm|
|Venue:||DOGA Room, DGS|
|Fees:||DOGA members – free; non-DOGA members* - $50|
Note: This event is restricted to DGS alumnae only and not for their family members.
We have invited two of our distinguished senior alumnae, Terese Au Yeung (Class of 1979) and Katherine U (Class of 1980), to share their experience on what they seek as employers / interviewers.
Terese obtained her law degree in London. She started working in London and was then seconded to work in HK. She ended up staying and practicing in HK for 13 years before she changed direction to human resources and in charge of professional recruitment and development in international law firm and US firm, and thereafter as a legal headhunter. She currently practices as an in-house lawyer with a statutory body.
Katherine obtained her Bachelor of Law degree in Canada and returned to Hong Kong to practice. She has worked as a corporate lawyer in a local firm, 2 US firms and currently works in an Australasia firm, focuses on private and public M&As and IPOs. She is a frequent speaker on topics relating to securities laws and regulations in HK and actively involved in the recruitment of interns and fee earners in her firm.
* Non-DOGA members are encouraged to join the life-time membership during the gathering. We will facilitate the application process by taking your photo and collecting the membership fee and form on the spot. You can download the form at the this link: http://www.doga.org.hk/index.php/membership
- alumnae who are undergraduates or postgraduates pursuing a degree in law or legal related curriculum
- alumnae who are fresh graduates or those with less than 3 years of working experience in the legal field
Online Registration Form:
If you are interested in attending the above event, please RSVP by completing and submitting the form below no later than 9th October 2017 (Monday).
Seats are limited. Priority will be given to target participants who are DOGA members. Otherwise, registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. https://goo.gl/forms/ka0BmKg0XOgfPy233
We look forward to seeing all of you on 14th October!
Please note that by signing up for this event, you agree to the following policy on photo-taking:
1) The Membership Sub-Committee may use photographs of you with or without your name for publicity on the DOGA website, or other DOGA publication (whether electronic / printed) such as Kaleidoscope.
2) Members should not post photos of the event showing images of other members on their individual social media platform without their prior consent.